Thursday, June 08, 2006

i'm back!

my last post was during my birthday. so much has happened since then. but, i don't have time to write. i'll try to write over the weekend. or maybe next weekend. or the weekend after. :lol i don't know when i'll be able to tell what has happened to me these past few months. but, i'll try.

i've been here in japan for 9 months now... and these are what happened to me, what i've done, blah...blah...blah.... so far.

- met new friends from different countries and from the philippines, too.
- learned to throw my own garbage (at, segregated pa!).
- made jay come here (he arrived mid-november).
- finally went to tokyo disneyland with lily ann, lloyd, and jay.
- visited odaiba, tokyo dome, tokyo tower (didn't go up, though)
- experienced my first snow.
- spent christmas in yokohama, with dindin and nanay. went there by car with my tutor, shota wada, just for the christmas weekend.
- spent new year in nagaoka, visiting niigata in the after of dec31 with febri's family and watching a 10-min fireworks display in nagaoka at the stroke of midnight.
- submitted all my reports and passed all my subjects for my first semester. i didn't get A for all subjects, but i'm already satisfied with my grade.
- got used to riding the bus from nagaoka to tokyo and vice-versa.
- went to Paris in feb20-25, 2006 to attend UNESCO's celebration of the Internation Mother Language Day and some meeting. visited eiffel tower (just looked at the tower from the ground), louvre museum (not allowed to take photos of the mona lisa) and bought mona lisa bookmarks. hehe
- submitted my paper (for poster session) for the WWW 2006 conference. the paper was accepted.
- started with the new semester (april to july). i have 4 subjects, 1 subject requires us to submit a report usually once a week.
- lived separately with jay since he has a job in tokyo.
- missed my sister, Rheggie's wedding. saw the pictures. both my sisters were beautiful. my parents, too!
- rode the shinkansen by myself for the first time.
- went to Edinburgh, Scotland for the WWW2006 conference and presented a poster. i attended some workshops, tutorials, refereed papers during our 1-week stay there. found out lots of interesting stuff.

now, i'm back again to being alone in nagaoka. but, i'm not really complaining. coz i'm really very busy with homeworks given by professors, my research, and some things i need to do for the laboratory project.

so... till next post! i'll really try to update my blog as often as possible. :D

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 16, 2006 12:03:00 PM , Blogger aehraiza said...

waaaaaaaaah!!welcome back!!!
laagan jud ka kai.. maski unsaon, maski aha ka mkaabot..
hehehe..
but in a good way nga laagan..
=)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home